Programming Safety Rules¶
These rules encompass the hazards that occur in the programming department, such as running or testing the robots code. Rules are not limited to these, as different circumstances arise.
- Use common sense
- Make sure people are aware that the robot is running before conducting tests in order to avoid accidents. For example, yell “ROBOT ENABLED” PRIOR to enabling the robot
- Do not enable the robot while people are actively working on the robot
- Make sure teammates are aware before actuating any mechanisms
- Stay aware of your surroundings and others around you when working
- When testing robot code, keep an eye on the emergency stop button / designate a spotter to enable e-stop in the event that something does go wrong with the robot.
- At the end of every meeting, shut down laptops and plug them in
- Do not eat/drink near computers.
Last update: 2023-05-14